When can I expect to hear back from the IC about funding acceptance/rejection?
- Applicants can expect funding decisions within one month of submitting a complete application.
My application was not funded. Can I appeal the decision or reapply using the same application materials?
- No. Applicants may not submit the same application for review nor may applicants appeal decisions.
My application was not funded. The formal decision letter does not detail reasons why my application was not funded or acknowledge areas for improvement. Is there a way I can receive feedback from the IC to make my application more competitive?
- Yes. Please contact the Sub-committee Chair, Dr. Kevin Miller at email@example.com or (989) 774-2813, if you wish to receive information on how to make your application more competitive.
What documentation may I use as proof of presentation acceptance?
- Applicants will not receive reimbursement until they demonstrate proof of acceptance. Examples of acceptable documentation include conference program guides; official e-mails from conference organizers stating your presentation has been accepted with noted presentation dates and times; and published abstracts noting the authors’ names. Unacceptable forms of proof include screenshots of conference websites and applicant conference registration information.
My proof of acceptance documentation is written in a non-English language. Do I have to translate these documents before I submit them with my application for funding?
I’m waiting to hear back from conference organizers to see if my presentation(s) were accepted. Can I submit the rest of my application without my proof of acceptance?
- No. Applications will not be reviewed without proof of acceptance documentation.
Do I need to convert the currency rate to U.S. dollars when I submit my itemized receipts?
The application instructions state applicants can only receive funding once per year.Is this once per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) or does the “year” begin from the date of the previously approved international presentation?
- Funded applicants must wait 12 months following their international presentation before they are eligible for International Conference Presentation Funding again.
How do I document mileage to and from an airport for reimbursement?
- The NATA expenditure form must be used for all reimbursement requests. Round trip estimates of the distance from your place of residence to the airport can be obtained via websites like MapQuest.
My employer/grant is also providing some funding for my international travel.Will my application still be considered?
Yes. Prior and/or additional funding will NOT automatically disqualify applicants from receiving funding.However, it is expected that applicants first exhaust other sources of funding before using NATA funding.
Final Report Questions
The final report asks for an estimate of the number of conference attendees.How do I obtain this information?
- We recommend asking a conference organizer to provide you with an estimate of the number of attendees.
Do I have to use the slide design in the example PowerPoint Slides found in the application for my podium/lecture presentation?
No. However, all presentations must acknowledge funding from the NATA and International Committee and include the NATA logo on all slides. The size of the NATA logo must be equal or greater in size to any other logo represented throughout the presentation. Given the goal of this funding is to increase the recognition of the profession and NATA overseas, the NATA logo should also be included on all related support materials.
My employer is also funding some of my travel to this international conference.Can I use my employer’s logo in addition to the NATA in my presentation materials?
- Yes. However, the NATA logo must be equal or greater in size to any other logo represented.
I currently live and practice as an Athletic Trainer outside of the United States.Can I apply for funding to travel to the United States to present at the annual NATA Clinical Symposium and AT Expo or similar international conference being held in the United States?
- No. The goal of this funding is to increase the recognition of the NATA at conferences located outside of the United States.
I currently live and practice as an Athletic Trainer outside of the United States. Can I apply for funding to present at a conference in my home country? For example, if I live in the Netherlands, can I submit an application for funding to present at the Danish Sports Medicine Conference?
- Yes. The goal of this funding is to increase the recognition of the NATA at conferences located outside of the United States.
Don’t see the answer to your question in the list above? Please contact the International Conference Presentation Funding Sub-committee chair, Dr. Kevin Miller, at (989) 774-2813 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ask your question