- "Why Words Matter" NATA News, March 2018 (pdf)
- "Why Patient Values Matter in Clinical Decision Making" NATA News, October 2017 (pdf)
- "Compassionate Care for All" infographic (pdf)
- Compassionate Care for All blog series
For more resources related to ethnic diversity in athletic training, visit the Diversity "Resources" page to learn more about the NATA Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee's ongoing resources and initiatives to advance the health care of ethnically diverse patients and to increase diversity within the athletic training profession.
NATA also offers Diversity Enhancement Grants, overseen by the Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee.
The NATA Board of Directors approved the creation of the LGBTQ+ Advisory Committee in September 2017, which will advocate for LGBTQ+ athletic trainers and patients through research, education and community support.
The following courses are a sampling of those offered in NATA Professional Development Center related to cultural competence:
- Culturally Competent Care in Athletic Training presented by Rene Shingles, PhD, ATC, and Jeremy Marra, MS, ATC (1 CEU)
- Islam & Athletics: Providing Culturally Competent Care for Muslim Athletes presented by Jennifer Dix, MS, ATC, LMT (0.75 CEUs)