- "Teaching, Learning Cultural Competency" NATA News, April 2020 (pdf)
- "Why Words Matter" NATA News, March 2018 (pdf)
- "Why Patient Values Matter in Clinical Decision Making" NATA News, October 2017 (pdf)
“Cultural Competence and Diversity in Athletic Training” NATA News, February 2015 (pdf)
- "Compassionate Care for All" infographic (pdf)
- Compassionate Care for All blog series
For more resources related to ethnic diversity in athletic training, visit the Diversity Resources page to learn more about the NATA Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee's ongoing resources and initiatives to advance the health care of ethnically diverse patients and increase diversity within the athletic training profession. NATA also offers Diversity Enhancement Grants, overseen by the Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee.
NATA members have access to demographic information that breaks down ethnic diversity within the membership, including ethnicity statistics sorted by job setting, gender, membership category and district. Members can access information in the Member Resource section.
- LGBTQ+ Terminology
- “LGBTQ+ Myths and Misconceptions Within Health Care” NATA News, February 2019 (pdf)
The NATA Board of Directors approved the creation of the LGBTQ+ Advisory Committee in September 2017, which will advocate for LGBTQ+ athletic trainers and patients through research, education and community support.
For more resources, visit the Inclusion Resource page to learn more about the NATA LGBTQ+ Advisory Committee's ongoing resources and initiatives to advance the health care of LGBTQ+ patients and advocate for an environment of inclusion, respect, equity and appreciation of differences in both ATs and their diverse patient populations.
The following courses are a sampling of those offered in NATA Professional Development Center related to cultural competence:
- Culturally Competent Care in Athletic Training presented by Rene Shingles, PhD, ATC, and Jeremy Marra, MS, ATC (1 CEU)
- Islam & Athletics: Providing Culturally Competent Care for Muslim Athletes presented by Jennifer Dix, MS, ATC, LMT (0.75 CEUs)