Our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We share the same passion as our members toward the betterment of the athletic training profession. Our company is filled with employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences, which lends a unique culture to our workplace. Our environment allows for creative and analytical thinkers to provide feedback as to how we can continue to grow and improve. We put a heavy focus on development, both professionally and personally, of our employees.
If you are interested in joining a professional association dedicated to its members and employees, please review our job opportunities below.
If your career focus is athletic training related and you are seeking employment, please visit our "Career Center" section. If you are interested in working with us in the main office, please click one of the links below to view current job opportunities or submit your resume.
Get a preview of what is included in our benefits package.
Current Job Opportunities*
*Due to the pandemic, NATA employees have been working 100% from home since March 2020. At this point NATA does not have a planned return date to the office, and thus, the recruiting process will be conducted remotely.
Public Relations Manager (April 2022)
We are seeking an innovative Public Relations Manager to develop and execute integrated PR strategies to increase awareness and understanding of the impact athletic trainers have on work, life and sport. This position works collaboratively as a member of the MARCOM team, which includes Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations, to execute results-driven plans that will advance the NATA strategic plan.
NATA seeks a public relations professional with at least five years of increased responsibilities including media relations experience (TV, print, digital and social) and handling media during a crisis. Candidates for this position should possess a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications and/or related field required. This position requires interaction across all levels of segment management to include senior executives and board of directors. Timely execution of all projects, and a willingness to meet goals and produce work adjust to meet 24-hour news cycle is a must. Ideal candidates will be able to handle multiple project assignments, meet tight deadlines and see a project through from start to finish with minimal guidance. PR experience in an agency, association or health care industry is a plus.
Media Relations (80%)
- Work with the Director of Marketing and PR to develop innovative results-driven media relations plans to influence public opinion.
- Collaborate with communications, marketing and social media team members to execute integrated PR strategies and increase NATA's digital footprint.
- Develop and execute media strategies to promote NATA research and statements published in NATA journals, events, National Athletic Training Month (NATM), Government Affairs efforts, sponsorships and other initiatives.
- Manage onsite PR activities for the NATA convention and other events (i.e. scheduling interviews, press conferences, developing press kits, etc.).
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange interviews.
- Establish and cultivate media contacts.
- Develop messaging, speeches, bylined articles and press releases.
- Monitor, analyze and develop PR reports.
- Monitor and leverage relevant news and media mentions to enhance the media relations plan - identify trending topics, opportunities to engage in the conversation as well as potential brand threats.
- Corrects inaccuracies, anticipates and manages crisis communications.
- Develop resources to encourage and support public relations efforts at the district/state level.
- Manage vendors and contracts, such as media clipping and reporting services.
- Develop and manage PR budget.
NATA Board of Director (BOD) Committee Support (20%)
- Staff liaison to one or more volunteer committees.
- Provide operational/administrative support to help the committee establish and execute its goals.
- Collaborate with the committee to identify new projects and to ensure all projects align with NATA strategic plan.
We’re always looking for exceptional people. If you don’t see any job openings that match your career path, we invite you to send us your resume using the webform below.
Please visit the Career Center to apply for positions as an athletic training professional.
Use this form only to apply for a position in the main office.
Equal Opportunity Employer