Our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We share the same passion as our members toward the betterment of the athletic training profession. Our company is filled with employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences, which lends a unique culture to our workplace. Our environment allows for creative and analytical thinkers to provide feedback as to how we can continue to grow and improve. We put a heavy focus on development, both professionally and personally, of our employees.
If you are interested in joining a professional association dedicated to its members and employees, please review our job opportunities below.
If your career focus is athletic training related and you are seeking employment, please visit our "Career Center" section. If you are interested in working with us in the main office, please click one of the links below to view current job opportunities or submit your resume.
Get a preview of what is included in our benefits package.
Current Job Opportunities*
*Due to the pandemic, NATA employees have been working 100% from home since March 2020. At this point NATA does not have a planned return date to the office, and thus, the recruiting process will be conducted remotely.
Director of Marketing & PR (Oct. 2021)
The Director of Marketing & PR manages and leads the marketing, communication and PR department and overall brand management program for the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA). This position is responsible for identifying opportunities and developing short and long-term strategies with the objective of increasing membership and awareness of the profession and organization, as well as setting and guiding the overall communications strategy for public relations initiatives and overall association messaging. These strategies should include communications, public relations, research, web site direction and electronic and data base marketing and member and event promotions
NATA is seeking a versatile marketing professional with at least eight years of experience leading market growth and brand awareness for trade associations, product and/or service brands. We are also seeking at least five years of experience overseeing marketing, communication, and/or public relations managers. The educational requirement is a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English or a related field. MBA is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be able to illustrate a history of:
- Experience forging and leveraging relationships with national media and overseeing crisis communications
- Strong strategic planning capacities, incorporating the ability to be detail-oriented while also maintaining a broad and long-term perspective
- Accomplishments in creating and managing marketing and national public relation activities and increasing market share and retention.
- Experience in all aspects of the marketing management process from market research to strategy development to institutional monitoring and control measures.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate marketing communication strategy, including promotions and public relations. This includes positioning and overseeing equity of various media platforms, developing strategies, improving revenue results and managing cross-functional and collaborative relationships with other department.
- Oversee a team of managers to execute the vision and strategy in marketing, communications and public relations
- Collaborate with other departments and program areas to increase value to members and achieve budget objectives
- Oversee NATA media sales program and vendor
- Create, evaluate and monitor department budgets
- Budgets and allocates resources for communication program that align with market research findings
- Observes crisis communication readiness, assessment and implementation
- Engage and advise NATA’s volunteer leaders
- Liaison to one or more NATA committees
We’re always looking for exceptional people. If you don’t see any job openings that match your career path, we invite you to send us your resume using the webform below.
Please visit the Career Center to apply for positions as an athletic training professional.
Use this form only to apply for a position in the main office.
Equal Opportunity Employer