Our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We share the same passion as our members toward the betterment of the athletic training profession. Our company is filled with employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences, which lends a unique culture to our workplace. Our environment allows for creative and analytical thinkers to provide feedback as to how we can continue to grow and improve. We put a heavy focus on development, both professionally and personally, of our employees.
If you are interested in joining a professional association dedicated to its members and employees, please review our job opportunities below.
If your career focus is athletic training related and you are seeking employment, please visit our "Career Center" section. If you are interested in working with us in the main office, please click one of the links below to view current job opportunities or submit your resume.
Get a preview of what is included in our benefits package.
Current Job Opportunities*
*Due to the pandemic, NATA employees have been working 100% from home since March 2020. At this point NATA does not have a planned return date to the office, and thus, the recruiting process will be conducted remotely.
External Marketing Manager (Feb. 2021)
At the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA), external marketing is about educating the various target constituents on the impact athletic trainers have on work, life and sport. It is building awareness about the depth and breadth of the athletic trainer skill set and training to increase employment opportunities for athletic trainers for the overall health and wellbeing of the population at large.
NATA is seeking a versatile marketing professional with at least five years of marketing management experience that includes a minimum of three years of supervisory responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with limited staff support and changing needs. The candidate should have experience leveraging influencers and social media to accomplish goals as well as establishing KPIs to measure progress and ROI. This role includes supervising an external marketing coordinator as well as overseeing the staff liaison to one or more NATA volunteer committees. Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or a related field. Preferred but not required qualifications include a master’s degree, established press and media contacts, and experience with video and creative production.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute on multi-channel external marketing campaigns to align with the department and NATA’s strategic plan.
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns to support external marketing efforts.
- Oversee and expansion of At Your Own Risk (AYOR), NATA’s public initiative to educate, provide resources and equip the public to act and advocate for safety in work, life and sport.
- Develop and execute resources to support advocacy at the state association level.
- Develop and manage the external marketing and aligned committee budgets.
- Establish and nurture potential strategic partnerships to advance external marketing efforts.
- Develop and submit abstracts to support top-down strategy to educate health care administrators and decision-makers about athletic trainers.
- Present ideas and final deliverables to various audiences and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies KPIs and budgets.
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly.
- Working in partnership with internal and third-party creative teams, to develop creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets.
- Travel and exhibit at external events, including trade shows, seminars, and NATA annual conference.
We’re always looking for exceptional people. If you don’t see any job openings that match your career path, we invite you to send us your resume using the webform below.
Please visit the Career Center to apply for positions as an athletic training professional.
Use this form only to apply for a position in the main office.
Equal Opportunity Employer