Interact with fellow athletic training students as well as your representatives on the Student Leadership Committee.Learn More
Information on certification, employment, continuing education, finding an education program and athletic trainer responsibilities.Learn More
Find opportunities to get involved as a student at the national, district and state level as a volunteer or with student events.Learn More
The NATA Student Leadership Committee (SLC) provides a voice for students within the athletic training community. The SLC promotes learning about issues impacting the athletic training profession, getting involved in volunteer opportunities and taking a stand on matters impacting students in the present and future.
Student Committee is Accepting Mentor Applications
The NATA Student Leadership Committee is seeking a certified athletic trainer to serve as a mentor to the students on the committee. This is a three-year commitment. Interested applicants should have experience mentoring students, serving at the national, district and/or state level, and ideally should not be committed to more than one other NATA service position during the course of their three years of service.
The SLC is comprised of 11 students, one representative from each district and a chair and 3 mentors. The mentors provide assistance as needed to the students with their responsibilities as committee members, provide leadership and serve as a positive role model for students.
Expectations of Mentors:
- Serve as a mentor to one of the SLC subcommittees (planning, student outreach or nominations); this is a three-year commitment
- Be a part of SLC conference calls (monthly)
- Attend the NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo and Joint Committee Meeting
- Attend SLC committee meeting (all day on committee day) and assist SLC with events throughout the convention
- Assist and provide leadership to SLC members as they fulfill committee responsibilities
- Be available for phone calls
- Reply to email messages
- Provide direction and support as needed
- Work with the NATA Board of Director liaison and NATA staff liaison to guide the chair, vice-chair and subcommittee chairs as they lead the committee
- Be a positive role model for SLC members, demonstrate good leadership techniques
If you are interested in serving as a mentor, submit your CV and letter of intent to email@example.com, attn: Hannah Hill. The deadline for submissions is March 15.