- Have been accepted into an entry- level master’s level athletic training degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) or into a Doctoral level athletic training and/or athletic training degree program;
- Have achieved a minimum of a 3.2 cumulative GPA based on a 4.0 scale while achieving a baccalaureate degree;
- Be sponsored by a certified athletic trainer who is a member of NATA
Application Form & Transcripts
Complete scholarship applications, including transcripts, must be postmarked by Jan. 13 annually. Only application forms mailed to an applicant from the NATA Foundation or downloaded from the NATA Foundation webpage by an applicant will be accepted.
If either the basic Eligibility Requirements or the Application Form & Transcripts requirements would be modified in the future, the DONOR and EDAC would be notified in writing.
All qualified candidates, meeting the eligibility requirements and submitting a complete application, would be ranked in priority order as is the case with all scholarship candidates.
- The top ranked qualified ethnically diverse student pursuing an entry-level master’s degree in athletic training would be awarded the Dave H. Perrin Scholarship.
- The second priority would be to award the scholarship to the top ranked qualified ethnically diverse student pursuing the second year of a master’s degree in athletic training.
- The third priority would be to award the scholarship to an ethnically diverse student pursuing a doctoral degree in athletic training or sports medicine.
Scholarship Award Application
This scholarship is awarded annually through the NATA Research & Education Foundation's scholarship program.