The Athletic Training Education Journal (ATEJ) is taking applications from qualified individuals to serve on the Editorial Board and begin service in February 2018. The term of appointment is three years and may be renewed, with agreement between the Editor-in-Chief and the Senior Editorial Leadership Team. The application due date has been extended to Feb. 2, 2018.
An ATEJ Editorial Board member is responsible for providing informed, constructive, and timely manuscript reviews throughout the year and works closely with the Senior Editorial Leadership Team to execute these steps and fulfill the mission, vision, and aims of the journal.
An Editorial Board member will be asked to
- Identify innovative topics (for manuscripts, special issues, podcasts, and workshops) for consideration and advise on the direction of the journal by offering constructive feedback.
- Review a minimum of three articles per year and provide informed, constructive, and timely feedback.
- Identify potential author contributors to the ATEJ.
- Identify potential manuscript reviewers for the ATEJ.
- Consult with the Associate or Senior Associate Editors as requested on targeted aspects of manuscripts under consideration.
- Assist in the development of training resources to improve the peer-review process.
- Serve on ad hoc committees commissioned by the Editor-in-Chief.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Editor-in-Chief or Senior Editorial Leadership Team.
- Advocate for the ATEJ by positively promoting and encouraging readership among health care providers and educators.
Required Minimal Qualifications
- Interest in participating in the improvement of ATEJ and willingness to devote the required time necessary to meet this objective
- Evidence of publication in scholarly journals with an emphasis on athletic training education
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge base in athletic training education and a broad and balanced perspective of the field
- A record of meeting deadlines
- Computer skills and access to the Internet
- Be a certified athletic trainer in good standing with the Board of Certification
- Have a National Provider Identifier number
Interested individuals should submit the following documents electronically by Feb. 2:
- Cover letter addressing the following:
a. Description of qualifications and rationale for interest in the position
b. The role of the ATEJ in promoting the education of health care professionals
c. Challenges facing the ATEJ and suggestions for how those should be addressed
2. Current curriculum vita
Please send your electronic application to email@example.com with “ATEJ Editorial Board” in the subject line. The application deadline is Feb. 2.
Direct questions about the search process to firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-532-8852.
Direct questions about the position to ATEJ Editor-in-Chief David C. Berry, PhD, AT, ATC, email@example.com, 989-964-4504.