Certified athletic trainers who participate in all three days of the NATA 69th Clinical Symposia & AT Expo can earn up to 25 CEUs. One-day registrants can earn up to 8 CEUs for a Wednesday or Thursday registration or up to 9 CEUs for a Friday registration. Additional CEUs may be earned by attending Advanced Track Seminars, Minicourses or pre-conference workshops (pricing and CEUs vary).
Of the 25 CEUs available at NATA 2018, there is a potential for five of them to be Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) category CEUs. BOC Approved EBP Programs will feature the green EBP icon. There are seven events at convention eligible for EBP CEUs. Some of the EBP events run concurrently so registrants will be able to attend up to four of the seven events. This year’s EBP sessions are:
3 to 4 p.m. Wednesday, June 27
- “Manual Therapies for Chronic Ankle Instability: An Update on the Evidence,” Morial Convention Center, Great Hall A
- “Identifying and Managing Extrinsic Injury Risk Factors of Shoulder and Elbow Injury in Baseball Pitchers,” Morial Convention Center, Hall E
4:15 to 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, June 27
- “Myofascial Tissue: What We Now Know and How that Influences Interventional Decisions,” Morial Convention Center, Great Hall A
- “Making the Grade in Returning Student Athletes to the Classroom,” Morial Convention Center, Hall E
11:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Thursday, June 28
- “Think Big: Emergency Action Planning on the Olympic Scale,” Morial Convention Center, Hall E
9:15 to 10:15 a.m. Friday, June 29
- “Managing Post-Exercise Inflammation: From Ibuprofen to Cherries,” Morial Convention Center, Great Hall A
- “Evidence-Based Approach to the Shoulder Exam,” Morial Convention Center, Hall E
To receive EBP CEUs, participants must complete an online evaluation for each EBP event attended. Each day during convention, eligible attendees with confirmed attendance will receive an email containing links to the evaluations for that day’s events. These emails will be sent to the email address used to register for convention.
Completed evaluations must be submitted by July 31 to receive EBP CEUs. Participants are encouraged to complete the evaluations as they are received each day to ensure they are completed on time. If evaluations are not submitted by the deadline, participants may claim Category A CEUs for the event. Your convention registration number will be needed to complete the evaluation.
If the evaluation emails don't make it to your inbox, check your junk/spam folder. If it is not there, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address to which you need the evaluation links sent. It is the attendee’s responsibility to let NATA know if they don't receive the evaluation email prior to the July 31 deadline.
After you complete the evaluation, you will receive an email listing the sessions you rated. Be sure to complete the evaluation(s) for any EBP session(s) you wish to claim.
STATEMENTS OF CREDIT
In line with BOC requirements, NATA provides statements of credit post-event. After the evaluation period closes on July 31, an email will be sent to all confirmed attendees eligible for CEUs, with instructions on how to access and print their statement of credit. This email will be sent by mid-August.
It is the attendee’s responsibility to check their statement of credit, upon receipt, to confirm it is accurate. If you have a question about your statement, email email@example.com. For more information, visit the NATA Convention website.