Connect with the NATA Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee to get more involved with promoting ethnic diversity in the profession and to learn more about health issues relevant to diverse athletes.Learn More
View diversity statistics, find information about health issues common to diverse populations and sign up to be a mentor through the Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee's Mentor Database.Learn More
NATA offers Diversity Enhancement Grants up to $5,000 in three different categories to help support the advancement of diversity within the AT profession. Grant proposals are accepted in April.Learn More
NATA is dedicated to advancing diversity within the athletic training profession. The NATA Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the Board of Directors, aiming to identify and address issues relevant to the ethnically diverse populations to better serve the needs of both patients and fellow athletic trainers. EDAC advocates sensitivity toward cultural diversity, development of cultural competence within the profession and promotion of athletic trainers as leaders in issues related to cultural competence and professional diversity within the health care professions.
Visit our Diversity Resources to learn more about NATA's diversity initiatives.
EDAC Now Accepting Graduate Student Representative Applications
The NATA Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee invites candidates to apply to be the EDAC graduate representative to fulfill a one-year term (renewable once). EDAC strives to identify and address issues relevant to the ethnically diverse community, both in the health care arena and NATA. EDAC also strives to promote diversity in our membership and leadership.
All interested candidates should send a résumé and letter of interest to EDAC Chair Kysha Harriell (email@example.com) and Graduate Student Rep. Jesse Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for applications is Aug. 20.
- Must be an ethnically diverse first-year graduate student or college senior entering a graduate program
- Must be BOC certified, BOC eligible or enrolled in an entry-level athletic training master’s degree program
- Must be a current NATA member
Duties and Responsibilities
- One-year commitment to be part of EDAC and represent/serve the NATA membership on issues related to diversity
- Attend, participate and record minutes for the all committee meetings
- Update the history of the committee in the EDAC manual
- Assist with selection of the incoming Graduate Student Representative
- Coordinate the EDAC Service Project during the NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo
- Assist in EDAC Career Day planning
- Serve as a liaison between EDAC and the NATA Young Professionals Committee
Learn more about EDAC and NATA's efforts to support diversity within the athletic training profession.