To help more students attend the NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo, the NATA Student Leadership Committee is now offering the Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award. This award will provide a total of $2,000 in award money to two to four athletic training students who have never attended the annual NATA convention. Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award applications will be accepted between Feb. 15 and April 15. Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this policy is to set criteria for the NATA SLC budgeted fund for applicants of the Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award.
- The applicant must be self-nominated.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a CAATE accredited professional program and ineligible to sit for the BOC exam.
- Applicant must have an NPI number by the application deadline (included on the application) unless an international student in which case this will be waived.
- Applicant must be a first time NATA convention attendee during the 2019 NATA convention in Las Vegas.
- Must currently be enrolled in a CAATE accredited athletic training program and in good standing within their athletic training program.
- Application materials must be completed entirely. Incomplete applications will not continue through the selection process.
- Application materials submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Program director verification form completed by the athletic training program director is required.
- Must be a NATA member in good standing at least two months prior to the award deadline.
- Recipients will be selected by the NATA SLC and notified by the NATA SLC outreach chair by May 1 of the deadline year.
- Award recipients must attend the NATA SLC Student Reception in the Cramer Lounge during the annual convention to receive the award money.
- Applications will be scored on a point system. The maximum amount of points available will be 40 points.
- All applications will begin the review process no early than the day of the application deadline.
- Completed application (program director verification form, letter of recommendation, completed sections within the application) in PDF format, emailed to the NATA SLC Outreach Subcommittee Chair no later than the established deadline. (0-10 points)
- Overall presentation of application materials (neatness, spelling/grammatical errors). (0-5 points)
- Overall GPA of no lower than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (0-5 points)
- Commitment to athletic training; is athletic training his/her intended career? (0-5 points)
- Professional involvement will be reviewed. (0-5 points)
- Community involvement will be reviewed. (0-5 points)
- Quality of letter of recommendation (recommend, highly recommended, recommended without reservation) will be reviewed. (0-5 points)