To help more students attend the NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo, the NATA Student Leadership Committee is now offering the Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award. This award will provide a total of $2,000 in award money to two to four athletic training students who have never attended the annual NATA convention. Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award applications will be accepted between Feb. 15 and April 15. Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this policy is to set criteria for the NATA SLC budgeted fund for applicants of the Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award.
- The applicant must be self-nominated.
- A junior or senior level (undergraduate) or first or second year (entry level master’s) athletic training student prior to the application deadline.
- Must currently be enrolled in a CAATE accredited athletic training program and in good standing within their athletic training program.
- To apply, applicants can't be eligible to sit for the BOC exam.
- Application materials must be completed entirely. Incomplete applications will not continue through the selection process.
- Application materials submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Program director verification form completed by the athletic training program director is required.
- Must be an NATA member in good standing at least two months prior to the award deadline.
- Must have an NPI.
- Recipients will be selected by the NATA SLC and notified by the NATA SLC outreach chair by May 1 of the deadline year.
- Award recipients MUST attend the Student Reception in the Cramer Lounge during the annual convention to receive the award money.
- Applications will be scored on a point system. The maximum amount of points available will be 40 points.
- All applications will begin the review process no early than the day of the application deadline.
- Completed application (program director verification form, letter of recommendation, completed sections within the application) in PDF format, emailed to the NATA-SLC Outreach Chair no later than the established deadline. (0-10 points)
- Overall presentation of application materials (neatness, spelling/grammatical errors). (0-5 points)
- Overall GPA of no lower than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (0-5 points)
- Commitment to athletic training; is athletic training his/her intended career? (0-5 points)
- Professional involvement will be reviewed. (0-5 points)
- Community involvement will be reviewed. (0-5 points)
- Quality of letter of recommendation (recommend, highly recommended, recommended without reservation) will be reviewed. (0-5 points)