To help more students attend the NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo, the NATA Student Leadership Committee is offering the Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award. This award will assist athletic training students who have never attended the annual NATA convention.
The purpose of the Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award is to honor the outstanding man and athletic trainer that is Chuck Kimmel. Mr. Kimmel has provided students with opportunity throughout his career as an educator, head athletic trainer, and NATA President. As an extension of respect and gratitude, the NATA SLC offers the Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award to help more students attend the NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo.
The expectation of this award is to assist athletic training students who have never attended the annual NATA convention. This award will provide a total of $2,000 in award money, to as many as four athletic training students, who have never attended the annual NATA or VNATA convention. Chuck Kimmel First-Time Attendee Award applications will be accepted between February 15 and April 20. Submit applications to email@example.com.
- The applicant must be self-nominated.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a CAATE accredited professional program and ineligible to sit for the BOC exam.
- Applicant must have an NPI number by the application deadline (included on the application) unless an international student in which case this will be waived.
- Applicants must be a first-time attendee to the NATA convention. This includes no participation in a previous in-person or virtual NATA annual Clinical Symposia & AT Expo.
- Must currently be enrolled in a CAATE accredited athletic training program and in good standing within their athletic training program.
- Application materials must be completed entirely. Incomplete applications will not continue through the selection process.
- Application materials submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Program director verification form completed by the athletic training program director is required.
- Must be a NATA member in good standing at least two months prior to the award deadline.
- Recipients will be selected by the NATA SLC and notified by the NATA SLC outreach chair by May 1 of the deadline year.
- Applications will be scored on a point system. The maximum amount of points available will be 40 points.
- All applications will begin the review process no early than the day of the application deadline.
- Completed application (program director verification form, letter of recommendation, completed sections within the application) in PDF format, emailed to the NATA SLC Outreach Subcommittee Chair no later than the established deadline. (0-10 points)
- Overall presentation of application materials (neatness, spelling/grammatical errors). (0-5 points)
- Overall GPA of no lower than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (0-5 points)
- Commitment to athletic training; is athletic training his/her intended career? (0-5 points)
- Professional involvement will be reviewed. (0-5 points)
- Community involvement will be reviewed. (0-5 points)
- Quality of letter of recommendation (recommend, highly recommended, recommended without reservation) will be reviewed. (0-5 points)