The AT Advocate Award recognizes an individual, organization, corporation or company that has been a champion in securing athletic trainers in the secondary school setting and improving public awareness of the profession.
This award recognizes those who have:
- Demonstrated long-term commitment to the secondary school setting;
- Provided public awareness, external marketing, promotion and education of the role of athletic trainers in the secondary school setting;
- Served in establishing, maintaining and improving the presence of athletic trainers in the secondary school setting, which is a national objective of NATA.
- Positioned themselves as a leader in promoting the secondary school setting as a career-destination.
Any individual, organization, corporation or company.
- Demonstrated consistent contribution/donation of resources (including time, talent, financial or position) to promote appropriate athletic health care in the secondary schools, including employment of athletic trainers.
- Must be able to demonstrate progressive improvements or promotion of athletic trainers in the secondary school setting, inclusive of but not exclusive to the following:
- Policy, initiatives, funding or promoting and creating additional AT position(s), secondary school health/safety initiatives, etc.
- Lectures, promotion, public service, lobbying, etc.
The nomination period for this award is August 1 – September 15.