ATTENTION: The AT Advocate Award
The AT Advocate Award recognizes an individual, organization, corporation or company that has been a champion in securing athletic trainers in the secondary school setting, improving public awareness of the profession and sports safety.
This award recognizes those who have:
- Demonstrated long-term commitment to the secondary school setting;
- Provided public awareness, external marketing, promotion and education of the role of athletic trainers in the secondary school setting;
- Served in establishing, maintaining and improving the presence of athletic trainers in the secondary school setting.
Any individual, organization, corporation or company.
- Demonstrated consistent contribution/donation of resources (including time, talent, financial or position) to promote appropriate athletic health care in the secondary schools, including employment of athletic trainers.
- Must be able to demonstrate progressive improvements or promotion of athletic trainers in the secondary school setting, inclusive of but not exclusive to the following:
- Policy, initiatives, funding or promoting and creating additional AT position(s), secondary school health/safety initiatives, etc.
- Lectures, promotion, public service, lobbying, etc.
Beginning in 2024, the AT Advocate Award nominees will be chosen at large by the Secondary School Athletic Training Committee members each year at their annual meeting. If you would like to nominate an individual, business or organization, please contact your district SSATC representative.