- Connect with other athletic trainers in emerging settings, including fellow military ATs.
- For more information on the armed forces setting, contact the Armed Forces Chair on the Council on Practice Advancement.
- Related Link: The Armed Forces Athletic Trainers’ Society works to promote the athletic training profession in support of the U.S. Armed Forces by educating military leaders and working in a coordinated effort to promote the benefits of athletic training services to service members.
Military AT Job Grant Program
NATA has created a grant process for government contractors who are looking to employ athletic trainers in the military setting.
ATs working within the military are not new, but recent expansions have increased visibility and demand for qualified health care professionals to work for the U.S. Armed Forces.
ATs who are interested in learning about government contract positions can read more and search for posted positions on NATA's Career Center.
- Free Download: Poster for ATs in the military setting (pdf)
- Military Setting Knowledge & Skills
- Military Job Codes
- “ATs Provide TBI Education at the Pentagon” - NATA Now, May 2015
- “ATs Educate Military Parents About the Risks of TBI in Adolescent Athletes” – NATA Now, April 2015
- “Caring for the Corps,” NATA News, January 2015 (pdf)
- “Inside the Military Setting” – NATA News, October 2013 (pdf)
- “Day in the Life: Warrior Athletic Training Program” – NATA News, June 2013 (pdf)
Military Job Codes
|0018||Safety and Occupational Health|
|0404||Biological Science Technician|
|0601||Allied Health Positions--New and Emerging|
|0607||General Health Science|
|0630||Dietitian & Nutritionist|
|0636||Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant|
|0640||Health Aide and Technician|
|0671||Health System Specialist|
|0685||Public Health Program Specialist|
|1701||General Education and Training (This is our current Series of the FLETC A.T.,C.'s)|
|1702||Education and Training Technician|
|1725||Public Health Educator|