Today many physicians are choosing to hire athletic trainers as a part of their office staff. Athletic trainers provide value to the practice through skills in triage, taking patient histories, performing evaluations, providing instruction on exercise prescriptions, rehabilitation and general patient education.
- Connect with other athletic trainers in emerging settings, including fellow ATs working in hospital health care administration and rehabilitation.
- For more information on ATs working in Health Care Administration, contact the Health Care Administration Chair on the Council on Practice Advancement.
- Hospital Setting: Advanced Knowledge and Skills
- Clinic Setting: Advanced Knowledge and Skills
- Outpatient Rehab Clinic: FAQ for Athletic Trainers (pdf)
- Practice Profile: Athletic Trainers in Orthopedic Offices (pdf)
- “Athletic Trainers in Administrative Positions: Where Do I Start?” – NATA News, July 2013 (pdf)
- "Day in the Life: D&D Sports Medicine" - NATA News, January 2012 (pdf)