Connect with the Committee
The International Committee addresses concerns of NATA members who wish to, or are, living, working, or stationed outside the United States. It reviews and recommends policies and procedures to the NATA Board of Directors on behalf of these members. Members of the committee promote the NATA brand internationally and the use of certified athletic trainers in the international job market. The committee may recommend patronage and sponsor requests by other international organizations, while supporting activities related to World Federation of Athletic Training and Therapy (WFATT), a separate entity of which NATA is a member.
Learn more about working internationally.
- Join the International Committee on LinkedIn.
- For more information about the NATA International Committee, please contact chair Mark Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect at Convention
NATA offers many events for those interested in athletic training on the international level at the convention. Details about NATA 2016 events are available in the NATA2016 Convention Guide.
The following non-NATA events are also available:
- WFATT World Congress – The World Federation of Athletic Training and Therapy World Congress meeting will be hosted by Athletic Rehabilitation Therapy Ireland in Dublin, Ireland in the fall. International health care professionals in the fields of sport, exercise, injury/illness prevention and treatment will meet to discuss “The Sporting Hip, Groin and Hamstring: A complex triangle.” Please visit site to find instructions for submitting abstracts.
- CATA Annual Conference: Each spring the Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association hosts a meeting for athletic therapists and other sports medicine professionals filled with workshops, lectures, keynote speakers, exhibits and social events. It incorporates educational content for professionals of all levels.
- IOC World Conference on Prevention of Injury & Illness in Sport - Spring 2014: This premier international conference hosted by the International Olympic Committee is a rare opportunity for the global sport and exercise medicine community to meet face to face, and it occurs only once every 3 years.
- BASRaT Annual General Meeting and Clinical Symposium: Each fall the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers hosts a meeting for its members in lecture and workshop format to review a wide range of sports medicine concepts.
- ICSSPE Member Association Events: Bringing together a wide range of scientific and professional organizations of various sport branches and disciplines, the International Council for Sport Science and Physical Education helps create the possibility for interdisciplinary collaboration. The website features a number of upcoming international sports medicine related events.