Secondary Schools Setting
This page is sponsored by Gatorade
- State Budget Crisis Information & Resources
- Day in the Life: Flower Mound High School Athletic Trainers (NATA News Feature Article)
- Day in the Life: Flower Mound High School Athletic Trainers (NATA video)
Many athletic trainers work in the high school and middle school settings via direct employment with schools and districts and on an outreach basis from clinics and hospitals. More than 21 percent of NATA members provide service to secondary schools. In 1998, the American Medical Association (AMA) adopted a policy recommending that certified athletic trainers be available to all schools with athletics programs.
2010 Secondary Schools Summit, Demonstrate Your Worth, Linda Mazzoli
2010 Secondary Schools Summit, Justifying Your Existence, Brian Robinson
2010 Secondary Schools Summit, Improve/Change/Maintain Your Model, Mike Carroll
2010 Secondary Schools Summit, Budgets, Boards and Effective Strategies, Tanya Dargusch
2010 Secondary Schools Summit, Expanding the SS Job Market, Tony Fitzpatrick
Take a look:
Are you an athletic director, principal, school administrator, coach or parent? This presentation is for you.
Hiring an athletic trainer has numerous benefits for all these groups and more.
Parental Safety Checklist - This list can be distributed to Booster Clubs and Parents groups to ensure that students are provided adequate health care in the athletic setting.
The Position Proposal Guide for the Secondary School Athletic Trainer can be used by ANYONE to...
- Help establish documented need for an ATC at your school.
- Identify models of Employment methods best fitted for your particular situation
- Determine the procedure for research, development, and proposal to make your proposal most effective.
- This kit will be available upon request to anyone studying the feasibility of secondary school athletic trainer employment.
- Place focus on full time on-site athletic health care for the secondary school athlete utilizing various methods of employment.
To view Secondary School Brochures and Videos, visit the brochures page.