Reimbursement of athletic training services
Reimbursement from third party payors is a complex issue. Learn about proper documentation, billing, coding and strategies to be successful in reimbursement of athletic training services.
Are you looking to start billing for athletic training services? Review these key concepts, issues and resources before getting started.
Commonly Used CPT Codes
Find the most commonly used CPT codes and modifiers used in the billing and reimbursement of athletic training services.
Disclaimer: NATA publishes documents as a service to promote the awareness of certain issues to members. The information contained in the documents is neither exhaustive nor exclusive to all circumstances or individuals. Variables such as institutional human resource guidelines, state or federal statutes, rules or regulations, as well as regional environmental conditions, may impact the relevance and implementation of these recommendations. NATA advises members and others to carefully and independently consider each of the recommendations (including the applicability of same to any particular circumstance or individual). The document should not be relied upon as an independent basis for care but rather as a resource available to NATA members or others. Moreover, no opinion is expressed herein regarding the quality of care that adheres to or differs from the NATA documents. NATA reserves the right to rescind or modify such documents at any time.
- Billing 101 (pdf)
- Medicare and Medicaid Compliance (pdf)
- Contract Services (pdf)
- Credentialing 101 (pdf)
- Electronic Medical Records (pdf)
- Selecting Electronic Medical Record System (pdf)
- Medical Billing Companies (pdf)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) Overview (pdf)
- Dealing With Reimbursement Denials (pdf)
- Defining Worth vs. Value (pdf)
- International Classification of Diseases ICD-10 (pdf)
- Stark Law Compliance (pdf)
- Scope of Practice (pdf)
- Role of Patient Self-Reported Outcomes (PSROs) (pdf)
- Billing from Collegiate/Secondary School Setting (pdf)