The Servant’s Heart Award recognizes deserving secondary school ATs in each district for their service to the athletic training profession, their schools and their communities.
This award recognizes ATs who have:
- Demonstrated a long-term commitment to the secondary school setting.
- Provided public awareness, promotion and education about the AT’s role in their local communities.
- Helped establish and maintain the athletic trainers’ presence in the secondary school setting.
- Promoted the secondary school setting as a career-destination.
- Exhibited a consistent and exemplary level of student athletic health care.
- NATA member in good standing.
- Current NPI number with appropriate taxonomy code.
- Current BOC certification.
- At least 75% of current job responsibility must involve primary care of secondary school athletes.
- Currently employed as a full-time head athletic trainer (or equivalent) in a high school.
- Employed at the same high school for a minimum of 15 years.
- AT has made progressive and substantial improvements to his/her athletic training program.
- AT provides extraordinary service to local community.
- Current member of at least one committee or board as an athletic trainer.
The nomination period for this award is August 1 – September 30.