NATA is seeking a Web Developer, with at least five years of experience to play a key role in enhancing and maintaining our web applications. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field. Preferred candidates will have had exposure to customizing and extending content management systems. Expertise with is required. This position is well-suited to someone who enjoys learning and using a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Skilled in designing and optimizing database queries and migrating large DBs.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Drupal’s custom module development, hook system, database API, form API, and communicating with JSON.
- Working knowledge of Drush, Memcache, Linux CRON Jobs.
- Linux Shell Scripts, HAPROXY (Load Balancer), DNS, VMWare, Percona MySQL Cluster, Drupal Commerce, LMS (Learning Management System – TinAPI), Wordpress, SSO - Single Sign On APIs.
- Familiarity with GIT and ability to set up your own version controlled environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns.
- Good understanding of Nginx / Apache and High Availability/Traffic websites.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Promptly respond to projects, inquiries, new features, and troubleshooting through the NATA ticketing system.
- Work with other staff to ensure that overall client contract requirements are met and that client organizations are achieving their missions and goals.
- Foster an attitude of teamwork among project participants.
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association is the professional membership association for certified athletic trainers and others who support the athletic training profession. We provide a full complement of benefits including generous leave policies and benefit money provided by NATA to be utilized toward a benefit package that makes sense for each individual employee. We also offer a 401(k) and pension plan, wellness and fitness benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and flextime/ If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements.