NATA is seeking a Web/Graphic Designer who will be responsible for all aspects of creating, maintaining and troubleshooting the NATA website and other related sites/microsites, using current technology and industry standards, as well as providing graphic design support to advance the NATA strategic plan. This position works with the staff, committees, individual members and the general public to keep the official site up-to-date as well as ensuring compliance with NATA brand guidelines. In maintaining site-wide continuity and designing visually appealing and user-friendly pages, the Web/Graphic Designer plays a key role in visual branding. The Web/Graphic Designer monitors usage analytics to ensure efficacy of the main NATA site and other associated websites.
The Web/Graphic Designer works cooperatively with the Marketing/Communications/PR and IT departments to make the website the go-to resource for athletic trainers by maintaining current, relevant content and delivering it to members in a standards compliant and user-friendly manner.
- Create web pages/sites and marketing design elements to support the organization’s online presence while employing industry standards and sound web design principals.
- Maintain and update site content (including the homepage) frequently and/or as requested to reflect changing needs of the organization and its various departments.
- Work closely with the other Communications Team members to maintain a consistent and effective branding message from the web through other social media outlets.
- Maintain a professional web presence by overseeing the design and addition of visual web content uploaded to the NATA site by other employees.
- Ensure the visual and audio content used on the site is legally permissible, appropriate for the editorial content and of the highest viewing quality.
- Assist associated organizations (districts, states, & committees) in visual branding by offering advice and tips on best practices.
- Work with the IT department to design and implement website technologies, i.e., keeping WordPress sites operating with plugins/themes up to date.
- Assist in design and layout of marketing communication materials including advertising, fliers, brochures, digital ads, splash pages, trade show materials, logos, banners, and more.
- Conduct website audits to ensure accuracy of content.
- Supports brand compliance.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association is the professional membership association for certified athletic trainers and others who support the athletic training profession. We provide a full complement of benefits including generous leave policies and benefit money provided by NATA to be utilized toward a benefit package that makes sense for each individual employee. We also offer a 401(k) and pension plan, wellness and fitness benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and flextime/ If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements.