Gatorade Secondary School Athletic Trainer Award
The Gatorade Secondary School Athletic Trainer Award recognizes a certified athletic trainer from each NATA district who has made outstanding contributions in furthering her or his high school’s athletic care program, while also advancing the overall profession of secondary school athletic training.
- $1,000 grant toward the school program featured in the submission
- Gatorade High School Performance Package
- Exclusive award winner jacket
- Travel and accomodations to NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo
- Additionally, the nominator will win $200 cash or Gatorade product.
- Active certified athletic trainer and a current member of NATA
- NPI #
- BOC certified
- A full-time or part-time employee in secondary schools
- Individuals cannot self-nominate
Check out these videos to learn more about what sets a great nomination application apart from the rest.
The application period is now closed.
Click on the year to view the list of winners.
Karissa McCoy ATC, District 1
David Csillian MS, LAT, ATC, District 2
George Wham MEd, ATC, SCAT, District 3
Mary Spina MS, LAT, ATC, District 4
Steve Friebus MEd, LAT, ATC, District 5
Mike Carroll MLA, LAT, ATC, District 6
Joe Mora MA, LAT, ATC, District 7
Liana Finer MS, ATC, District 8
Megan Mitchell, PhD, ATC, District 9
Christina Gray ATC, District 10
Eric Gelinas MS, ATC, NHLAT, District 1
Rachel Dean ATC, District 2
Jennifer Armstrong MS, ATC, District 3
Kim Barber-Foss MS, ATC, LAT, District 4
Dan Newman MS, LAT, ATC, District 5
Thomas Woods MS, MEd, LAT, ATC, District 6
Suzie Squires MS, ATC, District 7
Holli Jackson MS, ATC, District 8
Erika Miller MS, ATC, LAT, District 9
Amy West MAT, ATC, District 10