Web Content Editor
We are seeking a web content editor with at least one year of experience to oversee our online presence. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, diligent, quick-responding and must have a good eye for design and presentation. This individual will work alongside our graphic designer to play a key role in the branding of our organization as they will be maintaining the continuity of our site while designing visually appealing and user-friendly pages. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Software requirements: Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS-4), Microsoft Office, PhotoShop. Experience with video or image software is a plus.
- Utilizes editorial and visual content, as well as, advanced graphic and web design principles to create new page layouts, site navigation, and site organization.
- Updates the numerous pages of the site (including the homepage) frequently to reflect changing needs of the organization and its various departments.
- Works closely with the other members of the communications team to assure a consistent and effective branding message on the web.
- Maintain a professional appearance of web presence, oversees the design and addition of visual web content that will be uploaded to the NATA site by other employees.
- Designs or assists in the design of email correspondence (e-Blasts, promotional communications) with members.
- Ensures that the visual and audio content used on the site is legally permissible, appropriate for the editorial content, and of the highest viewing quality.
- Assists associated organizations (districts, states, & committees) in visual branding by designing templates, etc.
- Assists the marketing and communications manager in implementing strategic goals such as increasing event participation, member input, etc. through changing stories or features on the homepage.
- Works with business development team and marketing and communication teams on ways to increase revenue and traffic on website.