Committee Member Commitment to Serve
Recognizing the important responsibility I am undertaking in serving as a committee member, I hereby personally pledge to carry out in a trustworthy and diligent manner all the duties and obligations inherent in my role. I understand that I am accepting a one-year commitment to service, which involves my attendance at in-person and online meetings and on all conference calls. I also understand my commitment will be evaluated annually to determine if I will be invited to serve another term with my group.
I acknowledge that my role is to:
- Fulfill the charge of the committee under the direction of the chair.
- Attend meetings, participate in conference calls and complete work assignments.
- Remain up-to-date on events and circumstances affecting the committee and those it serves.
I will exercise the duties and responsibilities of this appointment with integrity, collegiality and due care.
I pledge to:
- Make every effort to attend on-line meetings, conference calls and an annual in-person meeting in conjunction with the convention.
- Contribute to discussions at scheduled meetings, having read the agenda and all background support materials relevant to the meeting. Display
- Openly debate issues without making personal attacks.
- Promote what is best for the entire committee and for the profession, not my personal agenda.
- Complete all assignments within time frames established by the committee chair.
- Participate in the annual Volunteer Experience survey.
- Represent the NATA and my group in a positive and supportive manner at all times.
- Avoid conflicts of interest between my position as an NATA volunteer and my personal and professional life. When necessary, I shall declare a conflict of interest and abstain from both the discussion and voting of any matter in which I have a personal or business interest. A conflict of interest is defined as any social, professional or economic relationship with individuals or the matter at hand that could affect my judgment and result in an outcome that might not reflect the best interests of the NATA and/or my group.
- Support in a positive manner all actions taken by the committee, even when I am in a minority position on such actions.
I agree that work and materials developed, created or written—as a committee, work group, or board member, or in any other volunteer capacity for NATA—shall be deemed work-for-hire under copyright, intellectual property, and other laws. NATA is granted sole and exclusive ownership of all such work. I waive all claims and/or so-called “moral rights” to the work, and assign these rights to NATA.