What States Can Do to Support Legislation
Illinois ATA asks what a state can do to promote legislation at both the federal and state level. Here’s Mike “Sully” Sullivan’s response:
- Make contact and maintain contact with our state and federal legislators-develop RELATIONSHIPS.
- Seek support from our patients and colleagues (MD's) and coordinate their support with their state and federal legislators-develop RELATIONSHIPS and create Local Coalitions.
- Attend the Capitol Hill Day event..in '07 and subsequent years-develop and sustain RELATIONSHIPS through Recognition.
- Encourage support of our IATA and NATA PAC's-recognize and foster RELATIONSHIPS through Resource Development.
- We could pass a resolution in support of S.3963 and forward it to our legislators and to the NATA.
Great ideas all! For assistance, contact Judy Pulice or 972.532.8803.