Confirming NATA Membership Status for District and State Meeting Registration
Registrants to your district and state athletic training meetings may be members or nonmembers of NATA. To encourage membership in NATA, members pay less to attend these meetings (and nonmembers pay more).
It’s important to confirm current NATA membership status to be sure only members in good standing are allowed to register at member rates. When you remind lapsed members that their membership has lapsed, many meeting registrants will take immediate steps to pay the balance due to NATA for their membership -- in order to qualify for the lower membership registration rate to your meeting.
Here’s some tips for confirming NATA membership status of your meeting registrants:
During the preregistration period –
Your meeting preregistration process should be synchronized with current membership status information, which is available from your District Secretary. NATA provides a daily datafile to your District Secretary with current information about each person in your state or district, including members and certified nonmembers. Members who have paid their NATA dues in full are marked as Active members; members who have a balance due for their dues are marked as Suspended members. Only Active members should be allowed to preregister for your event at member rates.
At onsite registration –
- Onsite registration should refer to the current NATA list (printed or electronic), available from your District Secretary or from the NATA office. Only Active members should be allowed to register for your event at member rates.
- Another approach is to ask onsite registrants to show their NATA membership card in order to get member rates.
- If you have Internet access at your onsite registration desk – you can look up registrants who do not have their membership card in the online membership directory (in the members-only section of the NATA website, under Directories. Use Advanced Search to look up individual members by their name, or by city-state.) Only members in good standing are listed in the online membership directory.
Allowing registrants to join or renew at your meeting –
- If you have Internet access at your onsite registration area – registrants can join or renew their NATA membership online. They will receive a receipt sent to their email address, which they could print and show you, in order to qualify for member registration rates. They also will be able to print a membership card from the website as soon as they have paid their dues. Or, they could verify that they are now an Active member by showing themselves as currently listed in the online membership directory.
- If you do not have Internet access at your onsite registration area - NATA can provide printed membership applications to you (request them several weeks before your meeting!) to have onsite in your registration area. Require lapsed members who need to renew or new members wishing to join to fill out an application form. They will indicate payment for their dues either by filling in their credit card information or by attaching a check. After your meeting, mail all applications and payments to NATA Membership Department.