Recognizing the important responsibility I am undertaking in serving as a committee chair, I hereby personally pledge to carry out in a trustworthy and diligent manner all the duties and obligations inherent in my role. I understand that I am accepting a two-year commitment to service, which requires my leadership at in-person and online meetings and on all conference calls. I also understand my commitment will be evaluated annually. This evaluation will help determine if I will be invited to serve an additional two-year term with my group.
I acknowledge that my role is to:
- Uphold and help fulfill NATA's mission by suggesting and developing committee projects that align with the association's bylaws, policies and procedures and strategic plan as defined by Vision Quest.
- Lead my group in carrying out the functions assigned to it by the NATA Board of Directors and/or staff.
- Remain up-to-date on events and circumstances affecting the committee and those it serves.
I will exercise the duties and responsibilities of this appointment with integrity, collegiality and due care.
I pledge to:
- Define and communicate clear goals for the committee and set a plan for achieving those goals.
- Plan for and lead regular on-line meetings or conference calls and an annual in-person meeting in conjunction with the convention.
- Distribute agenda and support materials for all meetings at least two weeks in advance.
- Lead the discussions at scheduled meetings, having read the agenda and all background support materials relevant to the meeting. Exhibit and promote open communication and courteous conduct at all meetings.
- Openly debate issues without making personal attacks.
- Promote what is best for the entire committee and for the profession, not my personal agenda.
- Serve as the tie-breaking vote when the committee is divided in its decision.
- Submit reports at least once annually for the board meeting, plus additional reports if requested, detailing committee activities including, but not limited to progress on projects and board recommendations.
- Participate in the annual Volunteer Experience survey and Committee Member Evaluation process.
- Follow the timeline and procedure for the annual committee member appointment/renewal process.
- Represent the NATA and my group in a positive and supportive manner at all times.
- Avoid conflicts of interest between my position as an NATA volunteer and my personal and professional life. When necessary, I shall declare a conflict of interest and abstain from both the discussion and voting of any matter in which I have a personal or business interest. A conflict of interest is defined as any social, professional or economic relationship with individuals or the matter at hand that could affect my judgment and result in an outcome that might not reflect the best interests of the NATA and/or my group.
- Support in a positive manner all actions taken by the committee, even when I am in a minority position on such actions.
I agree that work and materials developed, created or written—as a committee, work group, or board member, or in any other volunteer capacity for NATA—shall be deemed work-for-hire under copyright, intellectual property, and other laws. NATA is granted sole and exclusive ownership of all such work. I waive all claims and/or so-called “moral rights” to the work, and assign these rights to NATA.