Online Education Specialist
We are seeking a full-time an education/training professional who will coordinate/manage our distance learning initiatives. The ideal candidate will have over two years of experience in managing partner relationships, coordinating and hosting webinars, arranging, capturing and producing recorded events, managing existing eLearning Database and helping facilitate migration to a Learning Management System (LMS). This person may also be involved in the implementation of online communities. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field including but not limited to education or business. The ideal candidate will enjoy working independently but in support of the team. This individual should have exceptional organizational and customer service skills and be innovative and willing to provide suggestions for improvements. Interested candidates must be proficient with all applications of Microsoft office. Knowledge of instructional design, authoring, editing and/or screen recording software is a plus.
1. Work with the selected vendor to implement the new LMS. This will include coordinating the transfer of existing data to the new system as well as working with IT and all other impacted departments, committees and partners to add content and to customize the system. After implementation will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the LMS.
2. Work with vendors on the capture and production of content at live educational events such as convention and continuing education workshops including negotiating the contracts; defining the recording schedule; and completing production of the recordings.
3. Manage our webinar program including hosting two to four webinars per month; working with key committees and volunteers to identify speakers and topics for the webinars; working with internal departments to market and set up the webinars; managing registration process and distribution of CEUs, navigating technical problems; editing and converting recorded webinars to online courses.
4. Manage contracts and relationships with third-party education partners including contract negotiations, placement of content in the learning management system and coordination of marketing.
5. Work with webinar and home study speakers to attain all needed releases, approvals, educational and promotional information in order receive BOC approvals and to promote courses accurately and effectively.
6. Work with committees, volunteers, and members as appropriate as consultants on the home study courses and webinars. Also, attend committee meetings as needed.
7. Create and edit courses as needed in Articulate, Camtasia, Blueberry Flashback Pro or other authoring or screen recording software.
8. Support athletic training educators’ online communities as needed.
9. Monitor educational initiatives within areas of responsibility and make recommendations for improvements.
10. Develop and track budget, measurements, evaluations and processes for all assigned projects
11. Be available to work at live events with video capture vendors as well as to support other team members with event management.
12. Field inquiries on all areas that fall under KI as needed.
13. Other duties as assigned.
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association is the professional membership association for certified athletic trainers and others who support the athletic training profession. Please visit www.nata.org for more information.
We provide a full complement of benefits including generous leave policies and benefit money provided by NATA to be utilized toward a benefit package that makes sense for each individual employee. We also offer a 401K and pension plan, wellness and fitness benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and flextime.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to HR@nata.org.