How can I become certified by the Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association so I can work in Canada?

In 2005, the BOC and the Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association (CATA) developed a Mutual Recognition Agreement. This agreement allows BOC certified athletic trainers in good standing to sit for the CATA (Canadian Athletic Therapists) examination. CATA membership as a Temporary International Candidate is required. Complete exam information is available by visiting the CATA website: click on the link Mutual Recognition Arrangement. Working in Canada For non-Canadian citizens, Canada requires a valid work permit for temporary employment. Reference the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for further details. In special situations, you may be able to work temporarily in Canada without holding a work permit issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).