To be eligible for consideration an applicant shall:
- Be a senior in a secondary school.
- Have established an overall minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (based on a maximum of 4.0) or its equivalent by the time of application.
- Applied to a university offering an athletic training education program providing eligibility to sit for NATA BOC examination upon matriculation.
- Be sponsored by an Athletic Trainer who is a current member of the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA) and is practicing within their state athletic training statutes if applicable.
- Have accumulated a minimum of 200 hours of observation in a secondary school athletic training room setting under the direct supervision of their sponsoring athletic trainer.
- Have established his/her intention to continue academic work to the baccalaureate degree level as a full-time undergraduate athletic training student.