Application Procedures - Applicants & Sponsors
Instructions for online application form (see link below):
1. Demographic information
- Name, address, email address, home phone
- Name of high/secondary school, address, phone number, principal's name, athletic directors name
- Nominating certified athletic trainers name, phone number, email
2. Applicant questionnaire (this is a short survey that must be completed online)
3. Applicant essay (not to exceed 500 words), Please complete the essay as a Word document and have the file available when completing the application procedures online.
You will be required to cut-n-paste the essay into the appropriate box online. The essay must include the following:
- Indicate why you wish to become a certified athletic trainer.
- Indicate why you wish to work in the secondary school setting as an athletic trainer.
- Indicate how you will prepare yourself as a viable employee in the secondary school setting.
- Explain your role as a healthcare provider to high school athletes upon successful completion of the Board of Certification exam.
DO NOT IDENTIFY THE NAME OF YOUR SCHOOL, TOWN OR STATE, OR SPONSORING ATHLETIC TRAINER IN YOUR ESSAY
4. Narrative snapshot of your professional life in 5 years, you will be required to cut-and-paste the essay into the appropriate box online.
- In a short paragraph (not to exceed 100 words), what will you be doing in 5 years?
5. Essay explaining your vision of your future athletic training program. You will be required to cut-and-paste the essay into the appropriate box online.
- In an essay (not to exceed 300 words), describe your vision of the athletic training program at the school that hires you. Relate how your role as an athletic trainer will influence high school athletes and athletic training student aides.
You should complete all three essays (one 500 word essay, one 100 word paragraph, and one 300 word essay)before going online to complete the application!
Sponsoring Athletic Trainer
Instructions for the Sponsoring Athletic Trainer Letter of Recommendation:
If the instructions are not followed, the application will be disqualified.