Ambulatory Care Practitioner
Sample Job Description
In surgical environment:
- Assists in the surgical suite with patient positioning, prepping, draping.
- Performs surgical scrubs, provides hemostasis, handling of tissues, exposing operative sites, surgical assisting, suturing, applying post operative wound dressings and appliances.
- Performs patient assessment during post operative phases, and provides education on home care plans for pain care, ADL's, mobility and exercise.
In clinical environment:
- Performs initial patient assessments and screens, develops and distributes ongoing patient education information, provides bracing and orthotic fabrication and applications, casting, suture removal and post-operative wound assessment and care.
- Develops and implements marketing strategies, establishes and maintains community relations and provide educational programs for coaches and community members.
- Serves as purchasing agent for the practice by maintaining appropriate inventory levels, and selecting and purchasing medical and operational office supplies.