Director of Marketing and PR
We are excited to announce a newly created position within our organization to oversee the coordination of our marketing, communications, and public relations efforts to best support and inform our internal and external audiences. The new director of marketing and public relations will be a strategic business partner in our quest to support the athletic training profession. We are seeking a director-level professional with at least 10 years of management experience overseeing both staff and marketing, communications, and/or public relations efforts. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field (MBA a plus), excellent organization and prioritization skills, and impeccable attention to detail. The ability to communicate effectively and create compelling messages across all media platforms is essential to the success of this position. Experience with working at an association or non-profit is beneficial.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Effective organizational development and management skills. Candidates must be able to effectively cultivate staff who will benefit from the insight and direction of a seasoned marketing and communications professional. The candidate must be able to assist in developing a progressive, member-centric association and motivate others to share this philosophy.
- A familiarity with promoting and supporting member offerings (product lines) that are marketed through a variety of distribution channels, such as online, print, advertising, and public relations platforms. Previous experience developing program/product literature, collateral materials, sales promotions, and digital platforms is required.
- A solid record of creating and managing successful marketing and public relations activities. This includes positioning and overseeing equity of various media platforms, developing strategies, improving revenue results, and managing cross-functional relationships with other departments. Experience with all aspects of the marketing management process - from market research to marketing strategy development to institutional monitoring and control measures – is required.
- Strong strategic planning capacities, with the ability to be detail-oriented while maintaining a broad, long-term perspective. The ability to interface with peers, senior executives, and volunteer leadership on such issues is expected.
- Evaluate the organization’s current strategies and develop plans to enhance and advance efforts in these critical areas
- Oversee and provide guidance to a staff of diverse professionals
- Create, evaluate, and monitor department budgets
- Participate in and contribute to meetings of the association’s executive team
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association is the professional membership association for certified athletic trainers and others who support the athletic training profession. Please visit www.nata.org for more information.
We provide a full complement of benefits including generous leave policies and benefit money provided by NATA to be utilized toward a benefit package that makes sense for each individual employee. We also offer a 401(k) and pension plan, wellness and fitness benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and flextime.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to HR@nata.org.