Sports Health FAQs and Instructions
- How do I subscribe to the publication? Contact Member Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone: 972.532.8897
- How much is a subscription? An individual subscription (print and digital) is $153, but members of NATA receive a subscription for $35, a 77% discount!
- Are subscriptions based on a calendar year (Jan - Dec)? No, subscriptions are based on a rolling year. The subscription starts the day of payment.
- How many issues will I receive? Six issues
- How quickly will I receive my first issue? The publisher requests a mailing list 6-8 weeks prior to the issue being mailed. The day you subscribe will determine when you will receive the first issue.
- I did not receive an issue. How do I get another copy? Please contact Sports Health for your issue.
- Can I see back issues online? Yes, you can access the current and previous issues of Sports Health online.
How to Access Sports Health Quizzes
Below are instructions for purchasing Sports Health quizzes through the NATA Professional Development Center.
- Access the NATA Professional Development Center.
- NATA Members: If not logged in to the Members-Only portion of the website, you will be prompted to enter your Username (NATA Member Number) & Password (if you have forgotten your password, contact Member Services).
- NATA Non-Members: If not already registered with the NATA Professional Development Center, you will need to register for access.
- All Quizzes already purchased (completed and in progress) will be listed below the text which states: "CEU Professional Development Center for [Your Name]"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page where all Sports Health Quizzes available for purchase are listed.
- Select the quiz you would like to take by clicking the "Purchase Quiz" button.
- DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK OR HIT THE BACK BUTTON DURING THE PURCHASE PROCESS
- After purchasing is complete, please log out and log back in to the Professional Development Center.
- Your purchased quiz will now be listed at the top of the page beneath the text stating:
- "CEU Professional Development Center for [Your Name]"
- If you have questions remaining but need to stop taking the quiz and return later, simply stop where you are and log out of the Professional Development Center. When you log back in, find the quiz listing under "Your Quizzes" and click on the text which states: "Click here to answer the remaining X number of questions."
- You are allotted one and only one chance to take quizzes. Please take your time.
- To print your certificate of completion, please select the "View Results" link below the quiz listing under "Your Quizzes". An option to view a printable version will be listed at the top of your results page.
How to Access Sports Health as a NATA Member
Below are instructions for setting up your electronic access to view Sports Health through SAGE Journals Online. If you have questions about setting up your account, please contact SAGE's Shelly Monroe at email@example.com.
- Go to the Sports Health section of SAGE Journals Online.
- First time users will click on the "Account Manager" link on the far right side of the home page towards the bottom of the third column.
- On the resulting page, click on the activation link "Activate Your Editor/Society Member Subscription."
- You will be prompted to enter your NATA Member Number and select “The National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)” from a pull down menu. If you do not know your NATA Member Number please contact Membership.
- After you enter your ID Number, select NATA, and click "Submit". Just follow the simple instructions on the screen. On the "Instructions" page, be sure to check your personal data, enter or create a username, and password, and click submit to confirm the activation. Do not click the Journal Title link until the confirmation process has been completed.
- Once complete, return to the Sports Health section of SAGE Journals Online. You can find the Sports Health section by clicking on the Browse button in the top banner portion of the page and scrolling down to the Journal title.
- Select the Journal cover for access to the current issue or click "Current Issue."
- To select an issue from the archive, click "Select an Issue from the Archive," located in the middle of the screen.
- To search for articles, either click "Search for Articles" or use the quick search located at the bottom of the screen.
- Refer to the username and password you created above each time you return to Sports Health online.
If you forget your username or password, you can have these emailed to you. Simply go to the "Current Issue" or an "Archived Issue." Once there, you will see a "Subscriptions" link on the left side of the page. Click on this link then look for the link "What to do if you forget your User Name and/or Password." You will be asked to provide some information about yourself. Upon confirmation of the information, the username of password will be emailed to you.