Sample Job Description: College Assistant Athletic Trainer
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Head Athletic Trainer
The assistant athletic trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the University's comprehensive sports medicine program.
Education: Must possess at least a bachelors degree.
Experience: Some medical experience preferred but not required.
Certificate/License: Must be NATA BOC certified and posses or be in the process of acquiring licensure, certification or registration from the state. F/cbl/CIC/Clinical ATC job duty
1. Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses
2. Evaluation of athletic injuries
3. Treatment of athletic injuries.
4. Providing counseling and education to student athletes.
5. Athletic training administrative duties.
6. Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions.
7. Supervision, education and recruitment of student and graduate assistant athletic trainers.
8. Recordkeeping and documentation.
9. Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes