High School Athletic Trainer - Full Time
Sample Job Description
Provide "Athletic Training Services"* to student athletes under the direction of the team
physician or by written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic
training practice act.
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by
the team physician.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic contests and away varsity football
games. If a conflict arises between an away varsity football game and a home contest,
the varsity football event will supersede.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide insurance claim forms for
sports injuries treated by a physician.
- Develop and maintain a budget for the athletic training program.
- Schedule and be present for pre-participation sports physicals.
- Provide the coaches and athletic director with a list of athletes medically eligible to
compete under district and state rules and regulations.
- Assist the athletic director as requested.
*Athletic Training Services: The management and provision of care of injuries to a physically
active person as defined in the state practice act with the direction of a licensed physician. The
term includes the rendering of emergency care, development of injury prevention programs and
providing appropriate preventative and devices for the physically active person. The term also
includes the assessment, management, treatment, rehabilitation and recondition of the physically
active person whose conditions are within the professional preparation and education of a
certified athletic trainer. The term also includes the use of modalities such as mechanical
stimulation, heat, cold, light, air, water, electricity, sound, massage and the use of thereapeutic
exercises, reconditioning exercise and fitness programs.