We are seeking out a detail-oriented individual with at least five years of accounting experience for our Accounting Manager position. This employee will provide technical support for the accounting department and will administer the monthly and annual close cycles through preparation of financial statement while monitoring the A/P and A/R processes. Ideal candidates will have a degree in Accounting or Finance or will have an equivalent mix of schooling and experience.
Previous exposure with a non-profit or association preferred but not mandatory. Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications. Experience with Great Plains or iMIS software is a plus. Successful candidates will have strong verbal and written communications skills, will be a team player willing to take initiative, and must be detail-oriented. Experience in a leadership role or with supervisory exposure is also a plus.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform month end and year-end close cycle for NATA for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- Prepare monthly investment reports
- Prepare and process monthly journal entries
- Monthly review of general ledger for data entries accuracy.
- Preparation and distribution of financial statements
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Prepare audit schedules and interface with the auditors
- Update chart of accounts and perform related maintenance to Great Plains and FRx Designer (report writer).
- Assist the Director of Finance with the data entry of budget as well as reconciling the Auto Draft batches.
- Responsible for reviewing deposit batches using iMIS software. After batches are entered, verified, and returned, then review for accuracy, and forward batches to be posted and filed.
- Responsible for maintenance to the iMIS database for accounting codes for A/R entries.
- Responsible for auditing iMIS deferred income records for accuracy prior to integration.
- Perform reconciliation for iMIS system and Great Plains general ledger for deferred income.
- Responsible for the iMIS integration onto Great Plains at month end.
Responsible for the Virtual Library accounting reports.
- the transactions download at month-end from Authorize.Net
- editing the download to usable format
- deleting the declined transactions and edit the credits.
- Back-up for the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes which includes coding and voucher write up for accounts payable, check write process, credit card and remote deposit processing including log maintenance, and daily remote deposits.
- Assist and train employees in the department.