Special Projects and Volunteer Engagement Associate
We are seeking out a tech-savvy individual with one to three years of relevant experience for our full-time Special Projects and Volunteer Engagement Associate position. This employee will work closely with volunteer leaders and staff liaisons to coordinate volunteer appointments and administrative duties related to the volunteer engagement program. Ideal candidates will have a degree in English, Journalism, or Communications or will have an equivalent mix of schooling and experience.
Previous exposure with a non-profit or association preferred but not mandatory. Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications. Experience with webinar facilitation and/or online survey software is a plus. Successful candidates will have strong verbal and written communications skills, will be a team player willing to take initiative, and must be detail-oriented.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Executive Department/Special Projects
- Helps with executive department work. Stands in for the executive assistant during absences.
- Assists with board action sheets.
- Works with executive director typing documents and emails as they are dictated.
- Oversees the NATA liaison program, including the appointment process, orientation, registration exchange, budget and related duties.
- Handles special projects.
- Drafts reports, correspondence and other documents as requested by executive director.
- Assists special projects and volunteer engagement coordinator with volunteer engagement and other activities and projects.
- Provides staff assistance to District Structure Board Project Team. Drafts minutes and board reports.
- Handles any other duties assigned.
Awards and Recognition Programs
- Honors and Awards Committee and Fellows Program
o Serves as staff liaison to the Fellows Council and the Honors & Awards Committee and its subcommittees – Hall of Fame, Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer, Service Award and Specialty Awards.
o Handles committee and subcommittee meetings and conference calls, agendas, support materials and minutes.
o Develops and manages budget.
o Promotes annual recognition programs, ensures evaluation tools are up-to-date, and posts application pieces online for subcommittee evaluation.
o Processes candidate applications and handles member inquiries. Follows up with candidates/sponsors to ensure materials are received by deadline.
o Submits recommended recipients to BOD. After board votes, notifies candidates and sponsors of outcome.
o Orders recognition items and publicizes winners in NATA News, CDN and at General Session.
o Coordinates convention Hall of Fame activities: set-up and scheduling of Hall of Fame booth, Hall of Fame breakfast, President’s VIP Reception Honoring Hall of Fame Inductees (invitations, event set-up, etc.) and Hall of Fame greeters at Welcome Reception (solicits volunteers, on-site management of volunteers)
o Assist special projects and volunteer engagement coordinator at Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and General Session.
- Student Writing Contest (SWC)
o Publicize Student Writing Contest o Review entries with SWC chair, process those approved and distribute to SWC committee members.
o Order awards and coordinate check presentation at the Pinky Newell Scholarship and Leadership breakfast at the Annual Meeting.
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award
o Solicit submissions of Hall of Fame members from district directors
o Review entries with executive director. The NATA president selects the recipient.
o Advise AOSSM of the recipient’s name and any related details.
o Coordinate presentation of award at NATA General Session.