EDAC - Get Involved
The following represent a few of the many things that can be done to help increase ethnic diversity in the athletic training profession:
- Speak out! We need to know how ethnically and culturally diverse members are faring as students, certification candidates and certified athletic trainers in various settings.
- Participate In Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee activities.
- Attend Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee sessions and meetings at the NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo.
- Communicate issues and concerns to your EDAC district liaisons.
- Create opportunities for ethnically and culturally diverse individuals to enter and advance within the profession.
- Create networks and mentoring programs to open doors to jobs and promotions.
- Help candidates find existing grant and scholarship programs.
- Identify and eliminate barriers to entry into the profession for ethnically diverse individuals and create opportunities for ethnic and cultural diversity within the NATA.
- Ensure that the criteria for jobs, scholarships, honors and advancement are free of discriminatory effects.
- Address perceptions and cultural differences that adversely affect ethnically diverse certified athletic trainers.