2012-13 Operating Budget
Finance chair Mark Gibson thanked David Saddler, Kathy Crelly, Eve Becker-Doyle and the finance committee members for their efforts on the 2012-2013 budget. Linda Tilley was commended for leaving the budget process in great shape when she retired.
2012-13 Operating Budget
Saddler gave the board an overview of the budget. Staff conservatively estimated expenses as well as revenue and budgeted for a small gain. A new procedure has been put in place to do quarterly projections, which will help the finance committee and staff.
- Tenant Update
The budget took an $80,000 loss when AT&T moved out of the building. Since then staff has been working with a realtor on several scenarios including a possible sale of the current building and then leasing or purchasing a new one.
- Off Convention Meetings
The board discussed the funding of committee meetings at length. After considerable discussion, the following decision was made.
VOTED: TO FUND OFF-CONVENTION MEETINGS AS FOLLOWS
- BEGINNING IN 2013, THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE FOR EDUCATION (ECE) WILL MEET EVERY SECOND YEAR IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE EDUCATORS CONFERENCE. (Airfare, ONE hotel night)
- A ONE-DAY MEETING AT CAPITOL HILL DAY ANNUALLY FOR THE GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE (GAC). (Airfare already funded, ADD ONE ADDITIONAL HOTEL NIGHT)
IN ADDITION, THREE OFF-CONVENTION MEETINGS A YEAR WILL BE ALLOCATED TO THOSE GROUPS ADDRESSING OUR TOP VISION QUEST PRIORITIES, ASSUMING THE BUDGET ALLOWS.
- THE NATA VICE PRESIDENT/VISION QUEST CHAIR, IN CONJUNCTION WITH WORK GROUP CHAIRS AND STAFF, WILL DETERMINE THE THREE GROUPS.
- THOSE ELIGIBLE ARE WORK GROUPS ENGAGED IN VISION QUEST, COMMITTEE ON REVENUE (COR), COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY ATHLETIC TRAINERS’ COMMITTEE (CUATC), SECONDARY SCHOOL ATHLETIC TRAINERS’ COMMITTEE (SSATC), CLINICAL AND EMERGING PRACTICES ATHLETIC TRAINERS’ COMMITTEE (CEPAT), AND CONTINUING EDUCATION COMMITTEE (CEC).
(6, 10) PASSED 10-0-0
The Black Coaches Association (BCA) contacted the District 3 EDAC representative and requested a speaker at the BCA’s annual meeting. Since it is uncertain whether the BCA can fund this, EDAC’s budget includes $500 for travel expense. Although NATA is not currently establishing additional liaisons, the BCA and EDAC have a synergy that NATA supports. The committee should pursue and continue the relationship.
The finance committee approved $10,000 of the $13,000+ of the EDAC grant request.
- Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians (PAFP)
NATA was approached by Larry Cooper, MS, ATC and Kevin Wong, MD about doing a joint programming day at the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) national meeting. However the AAFP only accepts speakers that have first presented at a state chapter meeting. Consequently, NATA is working with the Pennsylvania chapter on a day of joint programming during its July 5-8, 2012 conference. It was unclear how expenses would be handled, so the finance committee funded $2,000 in case it is needed.
- A high school sport safety policy summit proposed by Doug Casa will be combined with a policy event that is part of our internal action plan for achieving appropriate medical care in secondary schools and youth sports.
- Journal Administrative Costs
Efforts are being made to reduce Journal expense. One area in particular is the Hughston Foundation. It may be logical to have Leslie Neistadt, Journal of Athletic Training Managing Editor, at a college or university. A new printing agreement will soon be signed.
<strong>VOTED: TO APPROVE THE 2012-13 OPERATING BUDGET.</strong><br />
- Agenda Tags:
- 2012-13 Operating Budget,
- Operating Budget,
- off convention,
- Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee,
- Black Coaches Association,
- Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians,
- American Academy of Family Physicians,
- Executive Committee for Education,
- Clinical and Emerging Practices Athletic Trainers Committee,
- Continuing Education Committee,
- Governmental Affairs Committee,
- Vision Quest,
- Committee on Revenue,
- College University Athletic Trainers Committee,
- Secondary School Athletic Trainers Committee